Miss Lee and Miss Drabble are the class teachers with a great team of support, which includes, Mrs Jones, Mrs Walker and Mrs Latham.
Our English focus is Information texts. We will focus on including the correct features of the text to present the information correctly. We shall continue to embed the grammar and spelling patterns learnt, and apply these.
Maths - We will be focusing on Number and Place Value.
* Recognise the place value of each digit in a three digit number.
*Compare and order numbers up to 1000.
* Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations.
*Read and write numbers up to 1000 in numbers.
* Read and write numbers up to 1000 in words.
*Solve number problems and practical problems involving these ideas.
Science - Our topic this half term is forces and magnets
* to compare how things move on different surfaces
* to notice that some forces need contact between two objects but magnetic forces can act at a distance
* to compare and group together a variety of everyday materials on the basis of whether or not they are attracted to a magnet, and identify some magnetic materials
* to observe how magnets attract or repel each other and attract some materials and not others
* to describe magnets as having two poles
* to predict whether two magnets will attract or repel each other, depending on which poles are facing
Developing our scientific enquiry skills and the ability to ask questions using scientific vocabulary.
R. E. we shall be looking at the unit 'Called by God'.
PE kit will be needed to be left within school incase we change the days we have P.E. The usual days will be Mondays and Tuesdays.
A swimming kit will be needed on a Tuesday for 3ML.
Our Spanish topic this term is 'Numbers to 20'.
Computing will have a big focus this half term.
* to recognise familiar forms of input and output devices and how they are used
* to make good use of familiar forms of input and output devices
*to use <ctrl> and <Shift> keys to change letters to and from upper and lower case.
*to add and format text boxes.
Please can we make a request that every child brings their reading book every day.
All children have been given a multiplication card to learn each times table from 2-12. Team points and certificates can be earned, so please encourage your child to practise these.
Spellings will be sent home each week, with a test to check on a Friday. We do expect the children to know the meaning of these words and how to use them in their writing.
Homework will be given at the start of the half term and collected in on Thursday 25th October 2018.
Well done 3ML! YOU DID IT!!!
I couldn't be more proud of you all, you're such a great team!
Just remember, when you try your best, amazing things will happen!
Enjoy your day with Mrs Hobson - if you're good you might get to celebrate with an extra play time!
See you all on Monday.
From, Miss Lee