What do we need to cover?
Ma6/3.2 Properties of Shape
- Ma6/3.2a draw 2-D shapes using given dimensions and angles.
- Ma6/3.2b recognise, describe and build simple 3-D shapes, including making nets.
- Ma6/3.2c compare and classify geometric shapes based on their properties and sizes and find unknown angles in any triangles, quadrilaterals, and regular polygons.
- Ma6/3.2d illustrate and name parts of circles, including radius, diameter and circumference and know that the diameter is twice the radius.
- Ma6/3.2e recognise angles where they meet at a point, are on a straight line, or are vertically opposite, and find missing angles.
Ma6/3.3 Position & Direction
- Ma6/3.3a describe positions on the full coordinate grid (all 4 quadrants).
- Ma6/3.3b draw and translate simple shapes on the coordinate plane, and reflect them in the axes.