Welcome to Year 3, this year you will be working with Miss Lee, Miss Drabble, Mrs Jones and Mrs Walker.
Remember to bring your book bag to school each and everyday containing:
-Your reading book and reading record
- This weeks spelling list
- Times Table card.
Our PE days for this half term are
3ML and 3SS = Monday
3SS Only= Tuesdays
Swimming for this term is class 3ML. You need a swimming costume / shorts, a towel and a swimming hat if needed.
Maths - In maths our focus is Number and Place Value.
- Count in multiples of 4, 8, 50 and 100.
-Finding 10 and 100 more and less than a given number.
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a three digit number. (Hundreds, tens and units).
- Compare and order numbers up to 1000.
-Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations.
- Read and write numbers up to 1000 in words and numerals.
- Solve number problems involving these ideas.
The children read their individual reading book most days during silent reading sessions. Your child will share their book with a member of staff once a week. In addition to this the children take part in a guided reading session daily. This half term the focus in reading is answering literal questions and summarising the events in paragraphs and whole books.
In English lessons the genre is information texts. The children are applying their Stone Age learning to create their very own information text. The children will be learning to:
- Plan his / her writing by discussing and recording ideas within a given structure.
- Draft and write by organising writing into paragraphs as a way of grouping related material.
-Draft and write non-narrative material, using headings and subheadings to organise texts.
This term the Science focus is forces and magnets. The children will learn:
- Compare how things move on different surfaces.
- Know that forces need contact between two objects, but magnetic forces can act at a distance.
- Describe magnets as having two poles.
-Compare and group together a variety of everyday materials on the basis of whether they are attracted to a magnet and identify some magnetic materials.