Welcome to Year 3, this year you will be working with Miss Lee, Miss Drabble, Mrs Jones, Miss Platt, Mrs Latham, Mrs Bano and Mrs Walker.
Remember to bring your book bag to school each and everyday containing:
-Your reading book and reading record
- This weeks spelling list
- Times Table card.
Our PE days for this half term are
3ML and 3SS = Monday
3SS Only= Tuesdays
Swimming for this term is class 3ML. You need a swimming costume / shorts, a towel and a swimming hat if needed.
Maths - In maths our focus is Multiplication and division.
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3,4 and 8 multiplication tables.
-Learn and use written methods to calculate multiplication and division calculations.
-Write and calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division using known tables, including two digit numbers times one digit numbers, using mental and progressing to formal written methods.
-Solve multiplication problems, including missing number problems, involving multiplication and division.
The children read their individual reading book most days during silent reading sessions. Your child will share their book with a member of staff once a week. In addition to this the children take part in a guided reading session daily. This half term the focus in reading is answering Deduction questions and summarising the events in paragraphs and whole books.
In English lessons the genres for this half term are, diary entries, instructions and adventure stories . The children are applying new vocabulary taught from 'Girl and Robot', a touching tale, Leon and the Place Between alongside a wide range of other adventure texts. The children will be learning to:
- Apply new vocabulary in written work.
- Understand and write in formal and informal ways.
- Write a diary entry using the first person.
- Use prepositional phrases in writing.
-Write an instruction text.
-Predict endings to stories using clues from the plot.
- Track and discuss characters emotions gaining evidence from film and texts.
-Improve and edit their own writing.
This term the Science focus is Light. The children will be learning to;
- Recognise that you need light in order to see things and that dark is the absence of light.
- Notice that light is reflected from surfaces.
- Recognise that light from the sun can be dangerous and that there are ways to protect eyes.
-Recognise that shadows are formed when the light from a light source is blocked by a solid light.
-Find patterns in the way that the size of shadows change.