Miss Lee and Mrs Shipton are the class teachers with a great team of support, which includes, Mrs Jones, Mrs Iqbal, Mrs Denham-Marsh and Mrs Latham.
Mrs Iqbal has now begun her maternity leave, so we now have the pleasure of Mrs Walker joining our team.
Our English genre is myths and fables. We will focus on including the correct features of the text to present the information correctly. We shall continue to embed the grammar and spelling patterns learnt, and apply these.
Maths - We will be focusing on multiplication and division
* to recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3,4 and 8 times tables
* to write and calculate mathmatical statements for multiplication and division using the multiplication tables that they know, including for two-digit numbers times one-digit numbers, using mental and progressing to formal written methods
* to solve problems, including missing number problems, involving multiplication and division
Science - Our topic this half term is forces and magnets
* to compare how things move on different surfaces
* to notice that some forces need contact between two objects but magnetic forces can act at a distance
* to compare and group together a variety of everyday materials on the basis of whether or not they are attracted to a magnet, and identify some magnetic materials
* to observe how magnets attract or repel each other and attract some materials and not others
* to describe magnets as having two poles
* to predict whether two magnets will attract or repel each other, depending on which poles are facing
Developing our scientific enquiry skills and the ability to ask questions using scientific vocabulary.
R. E. we shall be looking at the unit 'The rules of living'.
We shall also focus on the Christian value of friendship.
PE kit will be needed to be left within school incase we change the days we have P.E. The usual days will be Tuesdays and Thursdays for both classes.
A swimming kit will be needed on a Tuesday for 3SS.
Our Spanish topic this term is 'Pets'.
Computing will have a big focus this half term.
* to recognise familiar forms of input and output devices and how they are used
* to make good use of familiar forms of input and output devices
* to design, write and debug programs that control or simulate virtual events
* to use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work
Please can we make a request that every child brings their reading book every day.
All children have been given a multiplication card to learn each times table from 2-12. Team points and certificates can be earned, so please encourage your child to practise these.
Spellings will be sent home each week, with a test to check on a Friday. We do expect the children to know the meaning of these words and how to use them in their writing.
To be set every half-term
Summer 1 - due in no later than Tuesday 22nd May
Well done 3ML! YOU DID IT!!!
I couldn't be more proud of you all, you're such a great team!
Just remember, when you try your best, amazing things will happen!
Enjoy your day with Mrs Hobson - if you're good you might get to celebrate with an extra play time!
See you all on Monday.
From, Miss Lee