Miss Lee and Mrs Shipton are the class teachers with a great team of support, which includes, Mrs Jones, Mrs Iqbal, Mrs Denham-Marsh and Miss White.
Our English genre is non-fiction, information texts. We will focus on including the correct features of the text to present the information correctly. We shall continue to embed the grammar and spelling patterns learnt, and apply these.
Maths - We will be focusing on addition and subtraction
* to add and subtract numbers mentally, including a three-digit number and ones
* to add numbers with up to three digits using the formal method of columnar addition
* to add and subtract numbers mentally, including a three-digit number and tens
* to subtract numbers with up to three digits using the formal method of columnar subtraction
* to add an subtract numbers mentally, including a three-digit number and hundreds
* to estimate the answer to a calculation and use inverse operations to check answers
* to solve problems, including missing number problems, using number facts, place value, and more complex addition and subtraction
Science - Our topic this half term is rocks and soils;
* recognise that soils are made from rocks and organic matter
* describe in simple terms how fossils are formed when things that have lived are trapped within rock
* compare and group together different kinds of rocks on the basis of their appearance and simple physical properties
Developing our scientific enquiry skills and the ability to ask questions using scientific vocabulary.
R. E. we shall be looking at the unit 'Jesus, the man who changed lives'.
We shall also focus on the Christian values of Faith, Service and Courage.
PE kit will be needed to be left within school incase we change the days we have P.E. The usual days will be Tuesdays and Thursdays for both classes.
A swimming kit will be needed on a Tuesday for 3SS for the second half of the year, with 3ML finishing their swimming lessons for year 3.
Our Spanish topic this term is 'Greetings and Numbers'.
Geography and Science will be the main areas covered within our topic 'Active Planet'.
We shall be looking at volcanoes, earthquakes and other natural phenomenon.
Please can we make a request that every child brings their reading book every day.
All children have been given a multiplication card to learn each times table from 2-12. Team points and certificates can be earned, so please encourage your child to practise these.
Spellings will be sent home each week, with a test to check on a Friday. We do expect the children to know the meaning of these words and how to use them in their writing.
To be set every half-term
Spring 1 - due in no later than Wednesday 7th February